Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my new little blog venture! As a Bradley Childbirth teacher, I'm constantly looking for articles and research supporting natural childbirth and attachment parenting. I try to incorporated what I find into my classes, but can't always cover everything. A student recently requested I start a blog that they could follow with more of my findings. So here it is. Basically this blog will be a place to post interesting birth or parenting articles that I find, my thoughts on them, and share my own experiences

Why the title? Well with two small kids of my own, I know the challenges, frustrations, and oh-so-much joy being a mom can bring.  I'll never forget the time I was going through nursing troubles (much more on that later!) and had managed to eek out a small amount of milk while pumping.  As I prepared to freeze it, I knocked over the bottle spilling its contents across the counter. I remember thinking (or maybe my husband said to me)  "Don't cry over spilled milk." HA! I guarantee whoever came up with that saying had never spent any time with a breast pump! I've come to realize it is ok to let myself cry over spilled milk- especially when it is pumped. 

Follow along- and share your comments!- as we look at the ups and downs of pregnancy, birth and parenting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment